Name: Assel Nogaibayeva (Zhunussova)
Course Studied: Studied: I2FA program (Ingénieurs Internationaux en Formation par Apprentissage)
Studied at: Ecole Supérieure d'Agriculture d'Angers, France
1. What made you decide to study in France?
I gained a scholarship for the Company-Sponsored Training Program I2FA (Ingénieurs Internationaux en Formation par Apprentissage) of Ecole Superiere d’Agriculture d’Angers (ESA, France) and International group “Lactalis” (Dairy Production).
2. Why did you choose to study your course at l’Ecole Supérieure d'Agriculture d'Angers?
ESA provides sandwich courses of studying and internship in French firms.
3. What did your family and friends think of your decision to study abroad?
They were very happy for me and supported my decision because this was a great opportunity for my future professional life.
4. What were the main differences you found between studying in your home country and studying in France?
The method of sharing of knowledge. Studying in France gives more practical lessons; they invite specialists to give lectures.
5. How did you adapt to living in a different country?
In beginning I had difficulties because of the language barrier. I was lucky to get to know good people (my international friends, professors in CIDEF and ESA, my tutor in the factory where I did my internship) who helped me to learn the French language, culture and the way of working with French people.
6. What did you enjoy most about your experience?
Studying French, the internship in French factories, travelling in Europe, getting to know young creative fun people, students from different countries who studied in the I2FA program with me.
7. What advice would you give students thinking about studying in Europe?
Go ahead; studying in Europe would give you a great opportunity to study new language, culture, history, travel in Europe and expand your horizons of the world.
8. How do you think your time abroad has helped your studies and/or your career?
Of course, studying in France enriched my professional skills through the experience gained during the internship; I learned French language, culture. I am very glad that I had this